Fans of all things soft and cuddly queue up to hear the name of the latest addition to this US zoo's giant panda family.
In keeping with Chinese tradition, the naming ceremony happened as Bao Bao, which means 'precious baby', turned 100 days old.
Bao Bao herself was too busy snuggling up to mum in their den to see this special message from a famous panda-lover.
Ключевые слова (определение на английском языке)
cuddly – something you want to hug
in keeping with – following the usual way of doing things
naming ceremony – event at which a person, animal or thing is given a name
snuggling up to – moving itself close to another thing for comfort
den – home for (some) animals
Вставьте слова в нужном месте (в правильной форме):
b) in keeping with
c) naming ceremony
d) snuggling up to
1. Over the course of the three-day event, there are public prayers, two marriages, and a ___, where followers choose an ancient name – like Calisto, Hermis or Orpheus – and "cleanse" themselves of their modern Christian ones.
2. Kipling had probably read a pamphlet by Sir William Henry Sleeman – An Account of Wolves Nurturing Children in Their ___ – before he created Mowgli.
3. They flew over Belarus, dropping ___ toys with pro-democracy slogans over the town of Ivenets and a suburb of the capital Minsk, before flying back unmolested to neighbouring Lithuania.
4. For the first 10 years, she ___ between the couple, but now at 130kg (287lbs) she has to have a bed of her own.
5. The island – which is not populated by humans – is popular with birdwatchers, many hundreds of them flocking there every year to enjoy the peace and tranquillity. And the cliff-side loo, on the east of the island, is totally ___ that ambience.
2) e (dens)