The operating theatre can be a daunting place for patients.
And for trainee surgeons, limited time and resources mean not all get enough hands-on experience.
Which is why four surgeons in London developed an app to practise surgery.
It has training modules which give step-by-step guides to common surgical procedures.
Ключевые слова (определение на английском языке)
operating theatre – a room in a hospital in which people are operated on
daunting – making you feel slightly scared or worried about your ability to achieve something
trainee surgeons – people who are learning to be surgeons; surgeons are doctors who are specially trained to perform medical operations
hands-on experience – experience gained by doing something yourself step-by-step – doing one thing and then another thing in a fixed order
Вставьте слова в нужном месте (в правильной форме):
a) operating theatre;
c) trainee surgeons;
d) hands-on experience;
1. "We've been working on this for seven years, ___, so we're very excited it's finally going to happen," Esencia's CEO Andrew McDonald said on a tour of the 170-hectare (420-acre) site.
2. Relocating to another country can be a ___ prospect, particularly if you don't speak the language.
3. Stamford Hospital has an outpatients department, a minor injury unit, one __ and a day surgery unit.
4. By learning online, ___ can do more in their spare time without travelling long distances.
5. The CBI says teenagers will develop a serious interest in science only if they have the chance to get ___ in the subject.